Advertising in Unsuspected Places – Improve Return Lines and Make Sales
In-store returns are notorious for long lines; why not seize the opportunity to market to customers while they wait?
Can you remember the last time you were standing in line to return something? I am standing in line right now doing just that.
I told my wife that I’d be a minute, and when I’m finished with my return, I’ll have a look around and meet up with her in the next store.
Since I’m writing this article as I’m waiting in line, you can imagine how long the line is and how impatient people standing in it are getting. If it wasn’t writing this article now, I’d be impatient, staring at a long line next to a large white, blank wall. This a lost marketing opportunity?
A Lost Marketing Opportunity
Why not have something people can read while they are waiting? It makes the wait less annoying. People are making returns, so why have them return and simply walk out? Wouldn’t it make more sense to give people standing in line, doing nothing, the opportunity to think about or make a purchase?
I mean, here are your customers, they’re standing in line with nothing to do! Think about this opportunity. What could you do to create a win-win situation?
Here are some ideas to make your customers wait a bit more pleasant while you grasp a lost marketing opportunity.
You could simply display your flyers on the wall
- You could have a video display offering promotions
- You could have signs on the post that acts as a barrier for lineups.
- You can have a big screen TV with all the promotions you’re offering
- The ideas are limitless, and the idea is to display your best offers in front of your customers. How you display them is up to you, but do it in a way that is right there, where the line is.
Idea’s for display’s
Here are a few ideas for what to display. You could display the current sales or information about special policies and programs that are beneficial to your customers.
You could offer specials for people returning products. You could display what’s coming to the store. How about displaying what’s going to be on sale soon? You’re only limited by your imagination.
There is no excuse for missing an opportunity like this. We spend thousands of dollars trying to reach our customers, trying to get their attention, and trying to make a sale. And here are your customers, waiting to be served in your own store, thinking about your products. There is no better time to grab their attention and make their experience more memorable.
That’s The Way I See It!
A Touch of Business.com
Action Steps For Marketing To Customers With Returns
1. Look at your return line. How can you make it a better experience?
2. What are your best offers, your best products, and your best services?
3. How can you display these messages to the customers making a return?
Important Points to Keep In For Marketing To Customers With Returns
- Returns are going to place, use this opportunity to marketing to people making returns and make there return a pleasant experience.
- Wouldn’t it make more sense to give people standing in line, doing nothing, the opportunity to think about or make a purchase?
- You could simply display your flyers on the wall, or you could have a video display offering promotions.
You could have signs on the post that acts as a barrier for lineups.
- We spend thousands of dollars trying to reach our customers, trying to get their attention, and trying to make a sale. And here are your customers, waiting to be served in your own store, thinking about your products.